Friday, June 23, 2017

That Jungle Dream of Mine

"That Jungle Dream of Mine"

On the normal hot sunny day
I used to go out to farm and lay
Beside the mountain loads of hay
Sometimes, with my siblings to play

I remember, when mom used to scream
Each time she saw me going to the stream
Forgetting what to bring, busy in my daydream
Life is a constant challenge and often gets dim

I am often barefoot going to grade school
Have the farm and mountain to stroll
Other kids easily made me feel small
Being scared and bullied is never cool

Back in the farm is so easy to be happy
I found every little thing seemed funny
But I also understand, life is for sure uneasy
Especially when poverty makes you feel empty

More often going up and down on the hill
Sometimes, I no longer can feel the thrill
I have dreams and don't want to sit still
I know I can do my best and I didn't fail

*Rosabella*

No comments:

Post a Comment